Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bluebirds

My boys gave me a Bluebird house for Christmas. it was the sweetest gift and Jerrold and Eli did an excellent job painting it Carolina blue.
We spent the spring watching and waiting for a bluebird family to find our yard. The boys were very engaged in the bluebird sighting. We were thrilled when a little bluebird couple started their first nest!
These are pictures of our third nest this year! We have spread the thrill to some of the boys best buddies and they came over today to view our newest babies! Eli and Knox were so excited to tell them the eggs finally hatched!
My days of being a science teacher are still with me....FYI-bluebirds are extremely tolerant of human interaction, they will not abandon their nests!










Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Followers