Thursday, February 25, 2010

About the house...

Our whole moving situation has been a total mess. As we were finishing up our move on Tuesday morning we got a call from our realtor that our buyer's appraisal had been botched. We were so taken aback by this new wrinkle in our plans. Well, it's been three days and we are still at a standstill with closing on the house. Thankfully we aren't trying to close on another house during this time too. The appraisal should be easily fixed but we are learning that these things take time. 75% of our home is on another street, leaving us with only 25% here. We have been so discouraged by all of this. Jerrold and I both recognize that God is in complete control of our entire future. We have prayed all week that His will might be done. We may not have an answer for several more days on how things will work out. This entire ordeal has been even more complicated by having two very small children that rely on us to provide stability and consistency. This has been a true test of faith for us as individuals and as a family. I must say that the entire "mess" has given us both a plateau for witnessing and sharing our faith with others, believers and non-believers. Regardless of the outcome, we give God all the glory for the things he has done and will continue to do on our behalf. Our God is an awesome God.

You placed Christ in heaven after raising Him from the dead, at Your right hand, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion. You put all things in subjection under His feet. Help me to realize that when the stress of life seems over my head that it is under Your feet. Ephesians 1:21-22

Help me to take delight in You and You will give me my heart's desires. Help me to commit everything that I do to You. Help me to be still in Your presence and wait patiently for You to act. Help me not to worry or fret. Psalm 37:4, 7-8

3 comments:

Amy Sasser said...

Sara just filled me in today on all the happenings. Praying over here! Can't wait to catch up in person and here about Miami!

Mary Mac said...

wow. While I am sorry this is happening it really seems like God is totally being glorified in all of this. as lil red riding hood might say, "my what big faith you have!"

millie smith said...

so sorry! definitely praying for you all and that the details would work out quickly...maybe they even have by the time i'm checking this now?!

Followers