Thursday, October 29, 2009

Eli-20 Months




It is hard to believe that our baby is now 20 months old! He still seems like a baby in some regards, but for the most part he is definitely a little boy. Eli now weighs 30 pounds and is really getting tall and lean. He is talking quite a bit more than a few months ago, but still not using any word combinations. I have learned that he can say what he wants to say very well so I don't fret over his speech too much. He is so independent and determined. He will play very well on his own and is really a very content child. He has really enjoyed going to preschool this year too. I do think it has helped his speech a lot. His new favorite game is to hide from us. The picture above is him hiding under Knox's crib. Poor boy will be so disappointed when we lower it in a few weeks.
These boys couldn't be any different in their personalities. I am amazed at how they can even have the same genes. They are both very laid back and easy going, but there is a distinct difference in them too. Knox literally smiles all the time, and has since he was very young. Eli has always been more of the observing, cautious type. He is definitely friendly, but with parameters.
Many of you know how much it used to drive me crazy when people would say to me, "you've got your hands full." Well, they were right, and I didn't know what was coming. Wow-these little boys are wearing us out. I feel like we keep things running pretty smoothly around here but it is a fine science that we have worked hard to perfect. Now when those people look at me sympathetically in public I just nod and say, "yes, you're right, we do have our hands full-i'm not sure what we were thinking." Sometimes I even go so far as to add, "you know, maybe we weren't thinking." Then I ask them to hold both doors open for me so I can fit my double stroller through...

1 comment:

Atkinson said...

what a big boy!!! it is so fun to see him from the day he was born until now...growing up so fast:) thanks for including mac in a pic...best buddies!

Followers